Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Our Boba Fett flight suits are the culmination of years of painstaking research by ourselves and other lifelong Fett fans, it is the most accurate suit available and features details that most people do not know are on the original suits. There are slight variations between the ESB and ROTJ suits that we have replicated, not least of all the colour. The colour was debated for a long time and many test dyes were created to capture the correct colours, we offer the suit in two shades: original 1980 ‘ESB blue’ and faded 1983 ‘ROTJ blue’. Our suits include the built in quilted neck seal, screen accurate holes for the pipes and cables, all of the correct pocket details and the ankle adjusters. Every aspect of this suit has been scrutinised by our selves and other Fett fans, if you truly want screen accuracy this is the suit for you.
Screen accurate detailing includes:
• Integrated ridged neck seal that tapers toward the jaw.
• Vintage fastening applied to the neck seal, as used on the original suits
• Concealed ‘two way’ zip opening (so you can stand on the edge and pee into the Sarlacc Pit)
• Under sleeves feature open cuffs with correct cuff stitch detailing
• Over sleeves have accurate pipe holes for gauntlet pipes.
• Sleeves feature wide rolled seams
• All in one top and trousers
• Thigh pockets are constructed in the same way as the original, same seams, same flap attachment, same velcro fastenings even the same hidden pocket discovered by Clothears but now verified as being present on the originals.
• Shin pockets patterned around found part tools
• Ankle adjusters, patterned and constructed to be as accurate as possible, differing between the ESB and ROTJ suits.
The side pouches are made from the same cotton twill fabric as the flight suits, the ESB side pouches are dyed to match the colour of the flightsuit whilst the ROTJ and Exhibition pouches are beige in colour. The pouches are sold as a pair, the ESB being an identical pair and the ROTJ and Exhibition pouches are a mirrored pair. All the pouches fasten with velcro (even our velcro is attached with the correct stitch details) and have velcro applied ready for you to attach to your belt.
ROTJ Ankle Spats
The costume worn by Boba in ROTJ included ankle spats, we have researched these and can provide them to complete your ultimate Fett suit. Our ankle spats are made from the same beige fabric as the ROTJ and Exhibition pouches, feature top stitched details and velcro fastening.
The Flak vest has had just as much time spent on it in terms of research, development and prototyping as the flightsuit, just achieving the correct shape for the sleeves took many attempts but the end result is well worth the effort as this is now the most accurately patterned vest available. As with the flight suits their are distinct variations between the ESB and ROTJ vest that we have included in our construction, if you are going for total screen accuracy with a metal replica jet pack harness, we can also include the correct openings on the back of the vest for your harness attachments to feed through. The vest in made from a PU fabric and fastens at the back with velcro.
Screen accurate detailing includes:
• Correct rear opening (varying between ESB / ROTJ) with velcro fastening
• Cap sleeves with correct shaping, correct number of quilted lines, correct turned hem/facing and they are attached to the body in a very specific (screen accurate) way.
• The main body of the vest is specifically cut to replicate the shape of the original vest, this alone took many attempts and prototypes to get a truly accurate end result.
• The side seams are accurate and unique to both ESB and ROTJ versions of the vest, the ESB being machine stitched and includes a reinforcement stitch line, the ROTJ vest features hand sewn side seams.
• The optional harness/chest light openings are each painstakingly constructed just like the originals, hand stitched and finished with a machine stitched reinforcing border stitch, the chest light opening does not have the reinforcement stitching – just like the original.
A fully made pair of gloves involves a lot of time consuming hand sewing, for us to supply fully finished gloves results in a price that reflects this, because of this, past customers asked that we offer the gloves as kits for them to apply the quilted detailing in their own time resulting in a much more affordable price. We produce all the quilted parts ready to be applied and we attach the cuffs for you, the kit comes with a diagram to illustrate the placement of each piece and we even include the correct colour thread.